One in Ten Hospital Admissions Cause Injury From Negligence
Published: 30th March 2016
The news is full of frightening statistics about the quality of care provided in NHS hospitals. Now the British Medical Association says that 1 in 10 admissions to hospital result in injury due to a failure by the hospital.
Worryingly this does not take into account incidents which have not been reported. Added to which the constant number of cuts, and added strain on the NHS means that chances are the care will only get worse as times goes on.
However, in our experience when claims are made against hospitals fault is often denied.
Liddy’s Solicitors specialise in acting for patients who have suffered at the hands of the NHS. Patients are of course amongst the most vulnerable in society and when a medical mistake happens, the consequences are often life changing.
All of our clinical negligence work is handled by a solicitor with over 20 years’ experience in litigation. Liddy’s have handled thousands of cases on a no win no fee basis.
With over 20 years’ experience we have noticed there are a few common mistakes that are made. These include:
- Knee and hip replacements where the operation has been done negligently.
- Falls in hospitals causing serious injuries. These generally involve the elderly, and are typically because of confusion, trying to go to the toilet, lack of care etc.
- Operations undertaken where the risks of the operation have not been explained to the patient.
- Injuries accidently caused by surgeons during operations.
- Injuries to a new born baby during birth.
- Delayed diagnosis.
We have thousands of satisfied clients over the years and we have recovered many millions of pounds in damages.
If you have suffered from medical negligence or any other kind of accident such as a road traffic accident, an accident at work or an accident falling in the street for example, you are still assured with our firm to see an experienced solicitor who will handle your case throughout the litigation.
If you would like to learn more about the services we provide then just give us a call on 01226 731 314.